Thursday, April 8, 2010
I am enjoying the love I'm getting from the extraordinarily awesome Grace :]
So... 10 things I love. I'm going to skip over all of the obvious stuff, like my friends, family, whatever, etc. Not that I don't love them, but I'd rather make my list more unique to myself.
1. I love talking to telemarketers. I don't usually torture them, but I enjoy posing as my mom and participating in their surveys that people always make excuses not to take. I imagine being one of the only people to participate all day, and as I hang up they'd exclaim, "Yes! One down, 99 more to go to make this survey seem legit!"
2. I love finding music that makes me so happy I smile giddily to myself as I listen to it. I can only hope I'm not in public if a song like that shuffles onto my "now playing" screen.
3. I love to write. I think it's the only non-vital thing that I can do that actually comes as naturally as breathing. My brain can manage to string together words and phrases that actually don't sounds half-bad together (except for when it comes to expository essays. For those, I instinctively turn my creativity off and my smart-sounding-ness on, and wind up getting a shitty grade. Go figure).
4. I love running. Sure, I get a queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach each day before practice, and I hate running fartleks and sprints and whatnot, and I make a really funny face when I really get running fast, but I'm actually not half bad at it. I couldn't be prouder of myself after a day of practice than if I got a B+ on a chemistry exam (which, believe me, is next to impossible).
5. I love roller coasters. I'm kind of a daredevil like that.
6. I love sleeping. Yeah, I'll admit that I'm lazy and pretty much always tired, but sleeping is an escape. It's opportunity to slip into unconsciousness and forget everything and everyone, at least for a few hours. When I die, I hope it's like a long, deep, warm, never-ending sleep.
7. I love going on adventures. They don't have to be to some exotic place, just to a new place. Or the place itself doesn't even need to be new; a walk down the street with a new person would be nice, too.
8. I love Nutella. Seriously, it's a gift from the gods of Hazelnuts.
9. I love skinny jeans. They're just so wonderful and... skinny. My favorite pair of skinny jeans was grabbed off of the sale rack randomly at the last minute because I was so sick of trying on jeans that a) squished my butt in and made me feel fat and b) were more expensive than I thought they were originally because someone had decided to put all of the jeans that were not on sale on the sale rack. I now can't go four days in a row without wearing them at least once (unless it's summer, obviously). Coincidence? I think not. The Gods of Skinny Jeans must love me as much as the gods of Hazelnuts do.
10. I love people. I could spend all day just looking at them walk by, each one thinking something, going somewhere, breathing, blinking. I'm bothered by the fact that I'll never get a chance to even look at the other 6 billion faces out there.
So I tag...
Raven, Carly, Shalia, Meredith, Rhian, Emma, and Ariella! :]
If I forgot about you, you have permission to hunt me down and beat me with a stick (or just take the award anyway... I prefer the latter, though).
posted at the hour of 3:52 PM
- ► 2013 (30)
- ► 2012 (47)
- ► 2011 (88)
- ▼ April (4)