Monday, September 20, 2010


So, I've been a blogger for quite a while, and I've observed a thing or two about the blogs that have the most followers-- the blogs that have easily captured the attention of most blog-goers.

It's a simple equation, really. Everyday, they post aesthetically-pleasing JPEGS from tumblr, short-and-sweet mysterious musings, and song lyrics among other predictable things.

My blog will never really be like that. This blog is like my journal, and it's totally open to anyone who is willing to read it (which isn't too many people, considering the fact that I like to post really long rant-y posts, which a lot of people don't have the patience for). I want to be able to look back at my silly posts and remember how back then I cared about the stupidest things and didn't notice anything and just didn't get it. I want to know about what happened at the grocery store and how I felt when I was running my track races. I want those silly details because I'm afraid to forget about them.

You know how your parents used to have you stand up against a door frame and use a ballpoint pen to mark how tall you were, and you'd always kind of stand up on your toes to make you seem taller? That's pretty much what this is. I'm looking forward to looking back at this and remembering how I thought that I was so more mature than I really was, how bad of a photographer I was, and how I went about daily life not having a clue about what is to come.

Why do you blog? :]

Spoon - "The Underdog"

[I just learned that this song was on the "17 Again" soundtrack with Zac Efron. Uh.]

☀K☁

5 amusing musings:

Ayjree Nikowl said...

That is 100% why I have my blog,
except yours are much simpler and sweet :)

That Blond Guy said...

YES!!! I didn't know anyone else listened to Spoon. I am terribly disappointed, though, that 17 Again has that song on its soundtrack. That's just wrong.

I don't think I really want a blog like that anymore. The most quality posts from brilliant blogs came before the blogs really became popular.

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

I started blogging for my family and friends so they could keep updated on my life...I also like having a record of what I have been doing since I am a horrible journal keeper!
Then I started getting so inspired by everyone else's blogs I really kept it up.... i love the idea of everyone sharing the joys in their lifes with on another :) its cheaper then a therapist! haha

Grace said...

I blog because I love fashion and writing, and wish I could write for a fashion magazine, so my blog's my own little "Teen Vogue", if you know what I mean. But I agree with you, some of the most popular blogs really lack substance.

Kay said...

Awh, thanks Ayjree :]

I agree, Blondie. That's, like, a hipster's way of life ("it was so much better before it became MAINSTREAM") haha

I know, Alycia, my blog is pretty much my cheap therapist :] Blogs are so wonderful because you can write WHATEVER on earth you want to :D

I do really like getting fashion advice from your blog, Grace. It's like *my* own little subscription to Teen Vouge as well :D

Post a Comment

beautiful

 
 
Copyright © making mountains
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com