Sunday, November 21, 2010


I've decided that when I grow up I want to be an urban explorer.

I could find the beauty and fascination in the places that people no longer find useful or interesting or financially able to sustain. Nearly frozen in time, with nothing but a fine layer of dust and decay to remind explorers otherwise.

I couldn't think of a better adventure to go on with somebody.

Broken Bells - "Sailing to Nowhere"

[James Mercer is my hero. Check out this LP in its entirety.]

☀K☁

5 amusing musings:

Grace said...

Ooh, I absolutely love that song. And you are one step ahead of me, because I have no idea what I want to do with my life.

ace said...

hi, kay! i like your blog. ^^ i was kinda like you when i was 16. i wanted to be a some urban explorer too, which i sort of got the chance to be with friends in college. i hope you get your wish and have lots of fun. ^^

That Blond Guy said...

Sailing to Nowhere. This one I liked.

I've always wanted to be an explorer or any sort! Even now, my secret fantasy is to be an astronaut. I hate math and I get carsick, but I'm hoping they'll find a special job for me where my role in space exploration is more Jody-Fosterian than practical (or nonfictional).

Kay said...

Grace: I know, IT'S LOVELY! And I don't really either, because you can't make much of a living being a writer or an urban explorer. I have the rest of my life to decide these things, though. :}

Blondie: I think you mean *especially* liked, considering you enjoy every single one of my recommendations...

And I have a secret dream o drinking water as well as testing out newton's law of inertia in a zero-gravity environment. It sounds cool.

Kay said...

Ace: Awh, thanks :)

That's really exciting that you got to do that! That's one of the things that I'm looking forward to as an older person... exploring without parental supervision :D

Post a Comment

beautiful

 
 
Copyright © making mountains
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com