Wednesday, July 27, 2011

If your life were to suddenly be curtailed, especially now, I would be very broken.

What would you do?

What do you mean?

When you heard of my death.

Most likely trudge through the stages of grief. Cry and read your letters, exchange condolences with your friends and family, probably write a very dark poem or two among other expected things. I predict having a difficult time loving again because of the fear of loss at any given moment. Just the thought brings me to tears.

☀K☁

4 amusing musings:

That Blond Guy said...

If someone that dear to me died, I'd (selfishly) hate to think of what would happen to me. I strongly doubt it would be a clean-cut, Hollywood picture of grief and mourning. More likely, I would become a different person. Which is scary, because it would mean I also died a little with that person. Quite literally, not poetically.

I've also thought about what would happen if I died. Who would go to my funeral. Who would cry and who wouldn't. Who would actually care. If for once in my life people would give me a second thought. But then I thought: why would it matter to me? I'd be dead.

And that was the end of it.

Thanks for posting it. It made me think. And that's the most you can ask for in a blog post.

Grace said...

I honestly don't know what I'd do if someone I loved died right now. I can't even imagine the devastation.

Julianne said...

If somebody I'm close to dies, I will feel empty, get angry at everything for about 6 months while in denial of my anger, face my anger, find some people to cry with, and try to move on. The story of the last 8 months of my life.

Ash said...

A person close to me hasn't really died that I know. That sounds terrible even to me because my uncle passed away recently. But seeing as the vast majority of my relatives live in Sri Lanka and I live in Australia, I rarely see any of them. So even though they're blood relatives, they're not in my life nearly as much as I'd like them to be.

So not really being in that situation before, I really don't know what I'd do, and I guess it would depend greatly on the manner of their passing, natural or unnatural... so it's a bit of a grey area with me.

Post a Comment

beautiful

 
 
Copyright © making mountains
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com