Sunday, October 7, 2012

Last weekend, I took a long bus ride down to New York City to see Will. Being there felt like home. Even though I have no permanent ties to the city itself, something about it makes me so comforted and inspired. 

I met Will at Grand Central's main concourse, and I began to cry the moment he came up behind me and slipped his arm around my waist. I wondered about what we looked like to the people around us. Another beautiful story in the most beautiful city; a girl and a boy in love finally reunited.

I stayed with him in his dorm room, and it felt lovely to wake up with him by my side.

We spent Saturday evening exploring downtown. We ate at an Italian restaurant in Little Italy with tasty bread. For dessert, we bought the pastries whose names we couldn't pronounce and ate them in Grand Central after we missed our train.

On my bus ride back home, there was a girl behind me talking to her friend on the phone, saying some of the most lovely things I had ever heard. When she left the bus, I handed her a note that said "I think you're beautiful," with my address scrawled on the bottom. She wrote her phone number on my hand, and we've been texting all week. 

I feel inspired again. Things have been good.

5 amusing musings:

Julianne said...

This post makes me happy. It contains too much adorable :)

Kassandrah said...

this sounds perfect

Christopher said...

I concur with both people above me. If I had eyes, I would have cried while reading this post. It all just sounds beautiful.

Christopher said...

I probably shouldn't put my address up here on the internet for the world to see, but I can't message you either apparently so what options do I have left.

790 Bellhaven Chase Court, Mableton, GA 30126.

Surprise me and write me if you ever have time. I feel like you'd write wonderful and interesting letters.

Jillian said...

This is so beautiful. Your writing is just like.... coffee on a rainy day.

Also, you meeting a friend on the bus ride.... those are some of my favorite moments in life.

Post a Comment

beautiful

 
 
Copyright © making mountains
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com