Sunday, July 7, 2013

.



god bless this city, cradled between green mountains
where I first heard the sound of your voice
where I learned that I could be on my own
where I courted friends who would love me with their whole hearts
the city that took me under its wing and taught me the art of moving on
through numb fingers and nights of sweating beneath my sheets
where the cruel winter is nursed back to life by its warmer cousin,
vibrant with promise and seas of glimmering fresh water
and there's something to be said about the way it slips through my fingers
 to the green mountains interrupting the summer skyline and

light a cigarette on the corner of north prospect and pearl as you wait for the stoplight
take two tabs of acid and sit on the william's fire escape

0 amusing musings:

Post a Comment

beautiful

 
 
Copyright © making mountains
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com